Help me pick 10 meals in October

With all the travel and then at-home eating, it has been a slow on the blog since Cochon. Here’s the plan.

I want to write about 10 NEW (to me or to Memphis) places during the month of October, and I need your help.

Post in the comments where I should go, and I’ll work on making it happen in the next month.

THANKS!

-Thomas

Related Posts with Thumbnails

12 Responses

1. Shane says:

I would like to suggest Tom’s BBQ, Emilio’s Carniceria y Taqueria, and Restaurante Veracruz.
    Tom’s is well known in the area, but I don’t recall seeing any popular blog reviews.
    Emilio’s is a great little place, great for a quick bite and an interesting experience.
    Restaurante Veracruz is a nice Mexican restaurant and the only place in town that I have found the salsa served warm; it’s an interesting surprise.

2. John says:

Check out the new Venezuelan restaurant on Madison near the Trolley Stop Market.

3. Don G says:

You may have already covered some of these…but I’d like to hear about places in the greater Mid-South area, like Hernando and Oxford. The kinds of places that might be a good day trip.

4. Katie says:

Have you been to Imagine Vegan Cafe? Do it!!! Have the Memphis BBQ sandwich or the French Dip, or the pizza!

5. Dizz says:

The Half Shell on Winchester Rd has the best fish tacos in Memphis! I have always wondered if you have tried them. They are served with some of the best red beans and rice I have ever had. Give it a shot!

6. AK says:

I don’t know what’s wrong with mixing in a Chili’s everynow and then…

7. Becky says:

Out in Collierville, Booya’s is worth a visit.

8. Jennifer says:

Try Los Picosos on Summer. That has become our favorite Sunday lunch spot – not much atmosphere but really, really good food at a great price.

9. Cheryl says:

I second the Venezuelan place next to Trolley Stop.. and DEFINITELY hit Evelyn & Olive next door for some grilled jerk wings and cabbage. Unreal.

Most importantly, Camino el Michoacan. Skip the fluffy baked goods (pick up something dense or heavy-looking), and get a gordita with chorizo + fries and guac. I don’t know why, but the fries are heavenly.

I forgot to search for the Cuban part of Los Compadres.. pollo asado to-die-for!

Cheryl
    The Stylist Quo

10. Brannon says:

The Half Shell on Winchester has the best fish tacos in Memphis. They are served with some delicious red beans and rice too. I promise you won’t regret this trip. The fried mushrooms are worth the trip alone, but PLEASE try the fish tacos.

11. Mary Tairua says:

Sounds like a lot of good suggestions. I do hope you try new Venezuelan restaurant. I would like a guinea pig before I go there. ;)

12. Bill says:

Thomas please come and see us at the bakery!